Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nexus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le temps detruit tout.

It's kinda itchy that nothing will remain of our civilization. It's only a matter of time until everything is once more space dust.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even space will turn into dust or some sort that we can't understand because whatever it is happens to be veiled by space in the first place. Then the janitor is going to be in a bad mood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nexus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Arbogast and I am the janitorrrr.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Willie Dobie (Flemyng) is a man with ambition, imagination and lots of drugs. He also has a warehouse where he's preparing a party to celebrate the fact that, by means of a flaming van, he's just got shot of rival-in-crime Alec Sneddon. Where, too, variously crazed individuals are on hand: a pair of party girls; unloved eczematic Leonard (McQuarrie) and volatile janitor Arbogast (Hinds); and, meeting decidedly uncute down in the dank basement, nauseously hungover Janice (McKee) and skinny Fraser (Bremner), the last shivering in his smalls since he returned from what he believed was just some insurance scam involving a burnt-out van. Donald's dark, surreal, Scottish low-life farce may have delivered a sickening punch on stage, but on screen, as directed heavy-handedly by himself, the relentlessly OTT scuzziness, violence and hysteria is merely oppressive. True, the dry, black humour's still there in the dialogue, and most of the cast manage some semblance of recognisably human behaviour. But the ironic (?) use of inappropriately lush music, the cluttered, sometimes near-incoherent narrative, and the contrived metaphysics and humanism simply don't convince on the screen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nexus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After Marion's murder, the audience's role in the film
takes a different approach. Hitchcock provokes the audience
to utilize the film's other characters in order to solve
the mystery of Marion's death yet he still successfully
maintains the sympathetic bond between Norman and the
audience. Interestingly, Hitchcock plays on the audience's
obsession with the stolen money as the audience knows that
it had been sunk yet clings to the fact that Marion's death
may have been a result of her crime with the introduction
of Sam, Lila, and Arbogast. Hitchcock uses Arbogast's
character to arouse suspicion within the audience.
Arbogast's murder is not as intense as Marion's because the
audience had not developed any type of subjective bond with
his character. Arbogast's primary motivation, however, was
to recover the stolen money which similarly compels the
audience to take an interest in his quest. Despite the fact
that Arbogast interrupts Norman's seemingly innocent
existence, the audience does not perceive him as an
annoyance as they had the interrogative policeman who had
hindered Marion's journey.

Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

al/fred
Nexus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim/bo(b)
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bond/James/Bond.
Nexus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campion/Bond
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tub/o/lard
Nexus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. BigGrin

Have you read LXG volume 2, Mikey Mike?
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ricarack yes I have, and since 'War of the Worlds' is pretty much the only work of fiction that the series mentions that I have actually read (years ago too! when I was like unto a poor mewling babe untouched by life's bitter stings nor hardship's wearisome drawl!) I thought it was 'the grade A'. For some reason it didn't seem quite as... well I don't know, the first time I read the two volumes I was like "Hawhawhaw Vol 1 is clearly my favoured child, you will dine on saltfish and plums while your lesser sibling eats my SCORN", then I re-read them both and I ended up thinking "Gosh Vol 2 has usurped it's brother's rank, spearing it squarely with the the phallic symbolism of superiority", so now I don't know what to think.

But read it. The final fate of one particular Gentleman (OR IS HE/SHE?) is horribly sickening in a very entertaining way.

I also almost updated my blog! Disaster narrowly averted by the fretsome flight of fickle inspiration! But ssssh don't tell anyone it's our little secret ;~)
Nexus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Griffin, right?
Yeah, that was rather unexpected. The scene of his death, as portrayed at the dinner table, is phenomenal.

Personally, i find volume two to be superior. Even though the way the League is assembled in volume one is rather satisfactory.

You must link your blog from your HHQ profile. I keep using different computers, and do not remember the url.
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, Griffin was who I meant, however I didn't explicitly mention as I thought I recalled you saying you'd not read Vol 2 - OR DID YOU? and I didn't want to spoil it for you, because I'm just so damned nice. I didn't actually understand exactly what was happening at the scene of his death, my first thought being "wtf is his blood dripping through the ceiling or some shit" but then I read somewhere that in the book when the invisible man dies he gradually fades back into visibility, which I guess would include his blood, so I realised that much like my recent discovery of workable cold fusion IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG.

Incidentally I'm currently listening to Jeff Wayne's WotW musical, why is it so fun?

And I'll link the blog when it has content. Currently it just sits there listlessly, wasting space, angering those who view it with the whispering allure of potential while utterly failing to produce anything worthy of the merest consideration. Much like the author. :selfeffacingwink:
Nexus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard much about that musical. Have immense doubts about trying it out.

Sorry you didn't get the whole Griffin blood trick when you read it first, it was a good goosebump moment.

Still, volume two had an odd pace at first, and the sex scenes were kind of out of place. Except for the Jekyll toture sodomy, that one was grand.
Dr Moreau Badass
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god nexus oh my god what have i done oh these bloodied hands of mine slick with the dead weight of a thousand slaughtered words oh god nexus please hold me let me slip into your oblivion oh god please

if you know what i mean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: