Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tions emerged. The judge set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: tions emerged. The judge set Reply with quote

DETROIT -- Daniel Alfredsson was the face of the Ottawa Senators franchise. Now his face isnt even among the five featured on signs welcoming Detroit Red Wings fans to Joe Louis Arena. Theres no longer a letter on his jersey or the responsibility that comes with it. Hes just another player, and he admits it has taken some getting used to. "Its mixed emotions," Alfredsson said Tuesday, the day before facing his former team for the first time since signing with the Red Wings as a free agent in July. "I miss a lot about Ottawa, theres no questions, at the rink and being the guy. But at the same time I also enjoy not being the guy and kind of worrying about myself a little bit more." Thats something he rarely got to do in 17 seasons with the Senators, 14 of which he spent as the captain. He was the de facto first-line right-winger and holds the Ottawa records for most games, goals, assists, points and much more. Alfredssons new team features a couple of other future Hall of Famers in captain Henrik Zetterberg and alternate Pavel Datsyuk. When the Red Wings lost in a shootout Monday to the San Jose Sharks, Alfredsson didnt have to serve as the team spokesman like he would have for the Senators. "I dont mind media at all, but its also nice to prepare every day through the ups and downs," he said. "I dont think I wouldve played as long as I did if I felt that was a burden for me. I cant say its never been." A veteran of almost 1,200 NHL games, Alfredsson earned instant respect from his new Red Wings teammates. The 40-year-old fit seamlessly into the leadership structure that was already in place. "Its not like hes stepping on anyones toes or anything like that," goaltender Jonas Gustavsson said. "He knows when to say something and he knows when to let other people take care of that." But it was his responsibility to move his wife and four children to Michigan. He expressed some trepidation about his family settling in to their new life but didnt express regrets about leaving the old one behind in order to prove himself to a new organization. "The way I looked at it at the time and still do today is its a huge challenge for myself, personally, both on and off the ice," Alfredsson said. "Its a big challenge for our family. I think I will look back at this down the road as something that was a stepping stone for me in my life." From a pure hockey perspective, Alfredsson also has a different job with the Red Wings. Coach Mike Babcock has moved him up and down the lineup throughout the first three weeks of the season, giving him plenty of different challenges along the way. Alfredsson recorded a goal and eight assists in his first 10 games, calling his own play "so-so." And while the Red Wings lean on him for offence, the presence of Zetterberg and Datsyuk means hes not counted on to do everything. "I think my role here is more Im going to do everything I can to make it feel like they dont have everything on their shoulders, and not the other way around that they should take something off me," Alfredsson said. "I think if I can stay healthy and play to my abilities I should be able to do that. I think thats important. We know how good they are, and if we can help out behind them, I think its going to make them even better." It has been a long time since anyone considered Alfredsson a complementary player. Former Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla and Jaromir Jagr slid into similar roles last season with the Pittsburgh Penguins and Boston Bruins, with varying degrees of success. Early this season, Alfredsson is fitting in smoothly in Detroit, perhaps in part because of his unassuming nature and the core that has been around and already won the Stanley Cup. "The personalities have to fit, the position has to fit, the belief in the system has to fit, and right now it looks like the marriage there is pretty good," said San Jose Sharks coach Todd McLellan, an assistant on the Red Wings 2008 Cup team. McLellan pointed to Dallas Drakes role in 2008 and Jamal Mayers with the Chicago Blackhawks as prior examples of veterans integrating well and contributing to a championship. What makes Alfredsson different is that, like Iginla and Jagr, he has been a star and is used to the good and bad that comes with the spotlight. That star power isnt going to waste with the Red Wings. "Hes done excellent work for us, and we just be happy to learn more from these guys like this," Datsyuk said. In Detroit, Alfredsson has joined a team with seven fellow Swedes: Zetterberg, Gustavsson, Niklas Kronwall, Johan Franzen, Mikael Samuelsson, Jonathan Ericsson and Joakim Andersson. "There are so many Swedes that hes played with, whether its been at the Olympics or world championship or international stage," forward Justin Abdelkader said. "He knows those guys, fellow countrymen. I think it helps right away." Though he played with all but Andersson for Team Sweden at some point, Alfredsson said he wasnt sure how much of a factor that was in his decision. Still, Babcock wondered if Alfredsson has had some second thoughts. "Obviously any time you change environment after that long its going to be not as comfortable as the old place," Babcock said. "But I think lifes about embracing change anyway." Alfredsson has certainly done that. He called moving on with the Red Wings another stepping stone and an opportunity to "experience new adventures." Babcock hopes this team can ensure taking the leap was worth it. "Its just a matter of time, but hes been excellent," Babcock said. "In the end, depending on how good we become, I think he has a chance to be real happy here." Aleix Vidal Jersey . "Rob brings a wealth of coaching experience, having worked both in Canada and overseas in player development," Canada Soccer technical director Tony Fonseca said in a release. Jordi Masip Jersey . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. http://www.barcelonasoccerpro.com/Authentic-Claudio-Bravo-Barcelona-Jersey/. For the first time all night, as the Raptors were on the clock to make the 20th overall selection, no one had the slightest idea what was about to happen. No leaks, no whispers, nothing. Sergio Busquets Jersey . -- A.J. Burnett was happy to escape from New York. Barcelona Jerseys . Thats exactly what happened. And they enjoyed every moment. Durant remained sizzling with 33 points, Serge Ibaka added 22 and the Thunder roared back from an abysmal start -- they trailed 22-4 early -- to embarrass the Miami Heat 112-95 on Wednesday night, erasing that big deficit out of the gate by outscoring the two-time defending champions by 43 points over a 33-minute span.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Former NFL safety Darren Sharper pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he drugged and raped two women he met at a West Hollywood night club, while the emergence of a new accuser in Florida left him under investigation in five states. Lawyers for Sharper, who played in the NFL from 1997 to 2010 primarily with the Green Bay Packers, said they would prove that any sexual contact Sharper engaged in was welcomed. "All of these were consensual contact between Mr. Sharper and women who wanted to be in his company," said attorney Leonard Levine. But a prosecutor pointed out the many investigations against Sharper in places including Tucson, Ariz., Las Vegas and New Orleans, and asked a judge for $10 million bail. The judge rejected that as excessive, though increased it from $200,000 to $1 million. "The court considers these crimes quite serious and has to protect the public," Superior Court Judge Renee Korn said. Sharper, wearing a grey suit and black t-shirt, came to court with his lawyers and a bail bondsman who immediately arranged to post his bail. The judge ordered Sharper to remain in Los Angeles, stay away from nightclubs and not be alone with any woman he did not know before October, when the first allegations emerged. The judge set a court date for April 15 to schedule a preliminary hearing. Korn rejected a bid by defence attorney Blair Berk to shut down the release of information in the case. "Were asking to litigate this in a court of law, not by Twitter feed and entertainment shows," said Berk. The latest allegations surfaced in a Miami Beach police report released Thursday.dddddddddddd It was filed Jan. 19 — more than a year after the alleged attack. No charges have been filed but Detective Vivian Hernandez said the investigation remains open. The report states that the accuser and two friends went to a club in the fall of 2012 and met Sharper and another man. All five left the club at approximately 4 a.m. and Sharper drove them all to his condo. The victim admitted to being extremely intoxicated. The victims two friends told her the next day that she went into a bedroom with Sharper and he closed the door behind them. The friends said they heard her telling Sharper "No, no. Stop, I dont want to." They began knocking on the door, entered the room and attempted to take the victim home. The victim cant remember what she said except that she wanted to sleep. The victim said she awoke around 9 a.m. to find her pants off and Sharper having sex with her. She said she asked "whats going on" and Sharper got up and put on a pair of shorts. Sharper told her they didnt have sex. He then walked her to her car in a parking garage. The victim said she went to be examined a week later. She made the police report after a friend saw that Sharper was arrested for sexual battery. If convicted in the California case, Sharper could face more than 30 years in state prison. Sharper was selected All-Pro six times and chosen for the Pro Bowl five times. He played in two Super Bowls, one with the Packers as a rookie and a second with the Saints. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> Game Tips/Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: