Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Religion - How Can there be a god?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487, 488  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did that mistake once in another airport, maybe in Charles de Gaulle. Left the comfy departure lounge and had to wait until they opened the check-ins for my connecting flight the next morning, so I had to sleep on the awful chairs intentionally designed to keep people from sleeping on them.

Worst night of my life, but that was just because I was in Paris and fuck Paris.

A friend of mine pointed out that when I am going there it is both the Summer Olympics and the anniversary of the Queen in the same month, so it's going to be stupid-busy all throughout London. I should probably get that PRG -> LHR flight booked before prices skyrocket.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Know Your Friend
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know Your Friend wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Know Your Friend
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco Cat wrote:
Know Your Friend wrote:
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know Your Friend wrote:
Disco Cat wrote:
Know Your Friend wrote:

Indeed.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icarus has found you
Icarus has found you wrote:

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!

Run while you can!
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a mere ten days time I flew from Brussels to Atlanta, from Atlanta to Cancun. I stayed 6 days in Cancun for a biosensors meeting. I then flew from Cancun to LA for a short visit to my friend. And finally yesterday morning LA time I left for Atlanta where I took my connecting flight to Brussels. And now I'm dead tired.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell.

It says so in your signature.

So are you going to fly to Vancouver and visit me when I'm back home?
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, if I'm on a conference in the neighbourhood (I'll take America as in the neighbourhood)
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you find the airports in the US? I've honestly never flown over the border, and these days it's a good intention to never try, I gather.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I first flew into Atlanta the customs officer was pretty gruff and obviously annoyed and unhappy with the choices he made in life. When I then noticed the real gun on his hip I got kind of nervous for when he'd decide to make a very permanent choice for me.
At one point he asks for biometric identification or something, which means I had to scan my fingerprints and have my picture taken. I had some ethical concerns with that and I was wondering if that was even legal and what would happen if I refused. But since I was too tired from a 9 hour flight I just complied.
The security control was actually quite okay, I decided to not make it difficult for myself and just go for the full body scan and not the full body grope. The process was also very stressful because they kept yelling at us to have everything ready when needed. Take of those shoes sir! Why are you still wearing your coat? The line is advancing, come on, keep up! Are you sure you're not wearing a bomb? I can smell the bottles of liquid on you, throw them in the bin!
In LA all the people are very friendly, even the airport officials. But at that time I was used to it so that might have mattered to my perception too.
The second time in Atlanta I was coming from LA so it was a national flight and security was minimal to even non-existent.

I was disappointed in the airport shops though, I expected more electronics and less perfume. And the "restaurants" have an undeserved arrogance. I tried to order a cheeseburger at McDonalds when I landed in Atlanta for the second time and they replied that "at this time we only serve the breakfast menu". What kind of crap is that? I want a burger, not some stuff that looks even worse and more disgusting than your usual stuff. So I walked out and got myself a bag of mini-Oreos and Twizzlers. The latter are absolutely horrid by the way. Based on the number of times I've heard talking about Twizzlers I would have thought them at least tasty but they're utter crap.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, twizzlers are what Americans think are licorice. I don't know who told you something about positive about them. It's not even salty. They got it completely wrong. Stick to the nordics for proper licorice.

Oreos are the shit, though. They are trying to build a market for them here in Prague, so they've stocked lots of them at the store nearby, but no one wants them, so they always end up on sale at some point and I buy a large quantity of them for 8 or 9 crowns instead of 15. What a bargain!
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oreos are readily available here as well, but people do like them so they are always quite expensive, more expensive than other similar tasting cookies.
I live very close to the border with the Netherlands which is famous for it's real licorice. So occasionally we go there to buy some variations we can'te find here. But I thought Twizzlers were something like strawberry candy laces but they taste like shit, not strawberry at all.
Geezer
Hitman

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming to pay your respects to the Queen, Disco? Expect a delightful welcome at the border, and for your plane to be shot down or some such.

Give us a shout/yelp if you're bored/confused/tasered in the neck in London. I can teach you how a pub works or something.

Saepe: how'd you look in blue blotchy TSA creep-o-vision?
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to see your complete disregard of personal freedom? I did not know, so I do not know how I looked. Probably hot, I usually look hot.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by paying respects you mean British taxes, then I guess so. I think I'll be there from the 18th to 21st, then fly out on the morning of the 22nd.

Do the pubs function in a manner different from those of the slavs? I hope I don't need to use a funny accent. I'm terrible at accents.

P.S. I snuck a pic of Seppe's loss of personal freedoms:

Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Geezer
Hitman

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside every fat airline passenger is a thin Saepe and a lard-filled bodysuit, right?
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to believe there's a little Saepe in all of us
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even inside Saepe himself, apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> The Agency All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487, 488  Next
Page 486 of 488

Jump to: