Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Depressingly slow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ever I find myself in London and in need of a kidney, I'll call on you.
Nexus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baine wrote:
I hope one day I can help one of you! Wink

Well, i always did wonder what the french word for "percebe" was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ampersand
Cleaner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent you a PM about that. It won't let me sign in. ;_;

Baine wrote:
Well then,
There's obviously no point in going there then is there! Laughing
Thanks guys for all your help, I hope one day I can help one of you! Wink

No problem, glad we could be of service. There is one thing you can do for me, promise never to use this smiley --> Laughing again. It hurts my eyes.
Baine
Informant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ampersand wrote:
There is one thing you can do for me, promise never to use this smiley --> Laughing again. It hurts my eyes.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I'll do my best! I must say, I do find it immensley irritating now that you mention it, sorry for ever having used it in the first place! Come to think of it, which sick mind ever thought of using it - if anyone can let me know, I'll see what I can do about getting them sectioned under a clause of the mental health act Smile
Nexus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you click the "view more emoticons", you can look at some oldschool ones we used to have in the old board, the blue ones.

Step by Agency one of these days.

Nice avatar, is that from a comic?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ampersand
Cleaner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the blue one's are much better but we tend to keep the smileys to a minimum here. It's just one of those things, you know.

Oh, and we've already sectioned all mentally ill to the Agency, not to worry.
Baine
Informant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahhh, no idea where I found the avatar, but she looks like how I feel a lot of the time, so I reckon she's a fairly accurate depiction of me!
Nexus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[fuck; disregard]

Last edited by Nexus on Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nexus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baine wrote:
Nahhh, no idea where I found the avatar, but she looks like how I feel a lot of the time, so I reckon she's a fairly accurate depiction of me!

Suddenly, your thread title makes sense.

Emo and french, i feel like there's a whole bag of tricks at my leisure now.
Franz
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITS A GURL !

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wretch
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus - Knight vs. Buchanan says:
turns out that Baine guy is in fact a french nurse-in-training
Nexus - Knight vs. Buchanan says:
i wish Seppe was here
The Button Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baine wrote:
Well, I can safely say that it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue - tried all three (2000, 98 and even 95) the opening screen (him sitting on a chair in front of the window) started to go pixelated (music working fine - that's what's making it worthwhile - I love the music) before it crashed again. This is the info supplied:

You shouldn't need to change compatability settings for Hitman: Contracts (unlike the previous games). It works unpatched in XP. It just doesn't like versions previous to Win98SE.

This could be from a number of problems. The most obvious start is that of your Graphics card. You've changed between all sets of drivers? I have the same card (if I remember correctly - really must get rid of it), adn Contracts runs really well, as long as you don't mind not having the post-processed effects on full, and feel that 800x600 is a throughly respectable resolution Smile. For reference, I'm running 6.14.10.6177.

I don't think there's a known problem with your motherboard (having done a quick googlisation on it).

It might be a dodgy installation of the game. It's not known to be infected with a virus (you haven't been downloading it, have you?), so you might liek to try uninstalling the game, running scandisk, disconnecting from the net, turning off your anti-virus software, and reinstalling. But that really isn't too likely.

Hmmm. I really am a little stumped. One last thing. What soundcard are you using? Glacier has been notorious about requiring absolute up-to-date soundcards/drivers. Grrr.

Anyway, enough of this technical stuff. Let's all get in the Jacuzzi.

Mike
http://www.kidneyriddler.co.uk
The Button Man

Baine wrote:
Well, I can safely say that it doesn't appear to be a compatibility issue - tried all three (2000, 98 and even 95) the opening screen (him sitting on a chair in front of the window) started to go pixelated (music working fine - that's what's making it worthwhile - I love the music) before it crashed again. This is the info supplied:

You shouldn't need to change compatability settings for Hitman: Contracts (unlike the previous games). It works unpatched in XP. It just doesn't like versions previous to Win98SE.

This could be from a number of problems. The most obvious start is that of your Graphics card. You've changed between all sets of drivers? I have the same card (if I remember correctly - really must get rid of it), adn Contracts runs really well, as long as you don't mind not having the post-processed effects on full, and feel that 800x600 is a throughly respectable resolution Smile. For reference, I'm running 6.14.10.6177.

I don't think there's a known problem with your motherboard (having done a quick googlisation on it).

It might be a dodgy installation of the game. It's not known to be infected with a virus (you haven't been downloading it, have you?), so you might liek to try uninstalling the game, running scandisk, disconnecting from the net, turning off your anti-virus software, and reinstalling. But that really isn't too likely.

Hmmm. I really am a little stumped. One last thing. What soundcard are you using? Glacier has been notorious about requiring absolute up-to-date soundcards/drivers. Grrr.

Mike
The Button Man

Baine wrote:

Mike
Ampersand
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy triple post, Button Man!

I'm all for the jacuzzi but this time I'm wearing my suit. Embarassed
Baine
Informant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEHEHEHE! You guys are mad!....... well everything except the jacuzzi idea at least, I could do with a nice relaxing jacuzzi after work! (sorry, but I'm not a nursing student - it's the full honk for me - in less than a year you guys will have to call me Doctor!......hopefully!)

I didn't fully understand what you were on about with the graphics card Button man, should I get rid of it (if only I could afford it) or will it work with the right driver.

My sound card is an Xwave 7100, shouldn't be a problem.

As I said, I was running this same game before X-mas, and it worked fine - I feel really flumped about what's going on.

The other thing I've noticed is it's started happenning now, when I try playing Silent assassin, and Spellforce - my system does exactly the same thing - HUGE lag, then the graphics go pixelated before the system freezes completely and crashes. The error report is the same as I showed before.

Does this make any sense to anyone (if it's my card.........please don't let it be!)

Baine
Ampersand
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Button Man wrote:
You've changed between all sets of drivers?

Have you?

Quote:
Contracts runs really well, as long as you don't mind not having the post-processed effects on full, and feel that 800x600 is a throughly respectable resolution

Going on that statement, I'd say it's not a requirement to change your card but having the latest is recommended.

If it's affecting all your games, it could just be a virus. Or something more technical in which case, reformatting is the only cure I know.

The mad doctor wrote:
HEHEHEHE! You guys are mad!

Are we? Or is it you that's mad? HEHEHEHEHE!
Baine
Informant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! There's no doubt that I'm as batty as they come Very Happy , but as the saying goes, it takes one to recognise one - madness is the way forward - being sane is the most boring thing on this planet - insanity spices life up wouldn't you say? Wink
Baine
Informant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, all the drivers have been tried.
Reformatting hasn't helped either Crying or Very sad
Nexus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then your final solution is to go to the store you bought the game from, perhaps pad your bra in advance, and request that they help you with your issues.

If they aren't helpful, get your money back and use it to buy some weed. If you play Hitman Codename 47 while stoned you may just achieve Hitman Contracts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: