Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Post - Need help with Tracking Hayomoto

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onomastikon
Informant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: First Post - Need help with Tracking Hayomoto Reply with quote

Hi there, just discovered this game, pretty nice so far despite some bugs.

I am playing 1.02 (I think) and am having serious problems on the first Japan mission. I found some fish, which, when I cut it, is poisonous. I have the opportunity to place this (along with the transmitter) in a waiting sushi bowl which my target is apparently eating upon the belly of an attractive young catamite. Fine. I do this, disguised most perfectly as a robe-wearing goof, and wait outside.
And wait.
And wait.
And wait.
I can see via the map on "inside" (I am playing at "Expert" level) that the waitress has retrieved my juiced-up sushi bowl and has brought it back to the target. But even after 15 minutes of waiting around, nothing happens. Ever.
What gives?
Up to this point, I have not alerted anyone, and have only killed one guard (the guy waiting behind the main door I lured out when I honked the car horn). I can't imagine what is wrong. Any tips? Thanks much.
Nexus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe it'd be better if you explain every step you took up until that point, relating to the meal preparation. Because so far, I agree it should be working.

Anyway, you're playing what is probably the worst of the Hitman saga. Get any of the others, they're hella better (haven't played Blood Money yet myself)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onomastikon
Informant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks.
Well I can sum it up by saying I snuck around everyone except for the guy near the garage door, whom I shot in the back when he went to see my honking, then I snuck in to the first POI room, got those robes, then snuck around to the second POI room, saw the fish, cut it, and placed it in the sushi bowl at the corner of that table (furthest from the cook, who was giving me the evil eye) with the transmitter. No alarms.

Anyhow, I live in Germany, and this incarnation was the only one I could find. It got good reviews, as far as I can see -- Hitman3 Contracts didnt get nearly as good reviews. Well, my machine isnt the greatest, so I doubt I can play the new one (Blood Money) on it, and anyway I have an aversion to buying games dubbed into German, so I will have to wait a while till I can get it over here anyhow.
So far, I like HM, but I wouldnt say it was my favorite -- I think I liked Splinter Cell, Thief II and Deus Ex a bit better. Maybe it is only because I cant jump in this game, seems so odd. And the AI... is just not terribly smart. This is my first run-through, and even on expert I find it hard to die if I make a mistake.

Well thanks much
White Rabbit
Cleaner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that should work. just did it myself.

anywho, finally played blood money myself. It is a masterpiece of the hitman series. there are multiple ways to get a perfect score, and you aren't punished for exploring your surroundings nearly as badly as the other ones *cough*Japan and columbia*cough*
Priest: Then no sin was committed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
onomastikon
Informant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesnt work for me. I waited about 20 minutes, after nothing happened, I ended up killing everyone on that level. In Hayamotos room, I saw my sushi dish with both fish and transmitter in it -- he didnt touch it, it seems. So I ended up with the "mass murderer" label and moved on. Too bad. Something seems buggy in this game for me. I also notice that I cannot shoot through those paper wallscreens -- that is, I can, my bullets make holes and everything, but I just cant damage anyone; I even tested by doing a few headshots, but no go. A shame really, I was liking this a lot.

Until the next level. "Hidden Valley", I think it is called. Woof.
Nexus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that happens because after a bullet goes through something it gets heavily deflected. Uh, that is, it changes its direction slightly, so it's harde to hit people.

Seriously though, It's not too late for you to give up on Silent Assassin and either get Codename 47 for five euros or Contracts for seven.

Or just download them, it's not like IO-I is still counting on money from those two games to keep their crack addiction fueled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Silent Assassin.
Nexus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomCo wrote:
I bang my head against brick walls for breakfast.

onomastikon
Informant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks -- but I did look, and checked my ebay here: Silent Assassin was the only incarnation I could find, I bought it for 4 Euros. Where can I get 47 or Contracts? And what do you mean by download them -- where? Before posting, I rechecked, and also did a google, but I didnt see any place offering it (well did see some German software, but dont want that, pfuiteufel), and I didnt see any place where I can download them. But if you have a tip, I would be grateful.
Tri-Edge
Informant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeeey, that's new...

White Rabbit
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onomastikon wrote:
Hey thanks -- but I did look, and checked my ebay here: Silent Assassin was the only incarnation I could find, I bought it for 4 Euros. Where can I get 47 or Contracts? And what do you mean by download them -- where? Before posting, I rechecked, and also did a google, but I didnt see any place offering it (well did see some German software, but dont want that, pfuiteufel), and I didnt see any place where I can download them. But if you have a tip, I would be grateful.

that's because dowloading it is illegal. You should not download. it is illegal. that being said, if one were to wish to download a copy, one might try a p2p search such as Kazaa
Priest: Then no sin was committed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Rabbit wrote:

one might try a p2p search such as Kazaa

hahahahahahahaha

I almost thought you were being serious before I read that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy ur spyware.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spyware is the least of your worries when it comes to kazaa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> Game Tips/Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: