Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8 Years on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus is quite sweet for lying to hide the shameful truth. I did abandon this forum for what has been a little over a year by now. As hard as I tried, I developed a time-consuming life which drew me away from the warm, moist womb of the internet from which I was borne.

Anyway, sup CH, I remember you. I am pretty sure we had contact outside of the forum as well, but it was a long time ago and my feeble mind can scarcely remember details like that.

Geezer, coincidentally, I sumbled upon the very thread in which you and howardsternisgod were discussing different viewpoints on religion, which is why I'm back here. For what it's worth, your posts were perfectly respectable, and while I'm entirely against the pro/contra debate of religion, at least you weren't trying to convert people. You were explaining your rationality so that non-theists could understand; still futile, but not arrogant.

In other news, my posts in the same thread were quite embarrassing and I will share the grief in knowing that is how I used to be. I appologize profusely to all of you for my pompous posting habits of 2002 and earlier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yak
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I just stumbled across these forums again, and it's good to see that some of you are still ranting on. I wasn't much of a poster, but I've always enjoyed reading all of your banter... Hope you are all doing well. See you in a year!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yak
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes, I did use "ranting" and "banter" too close to each other.

Let's call it ranter.

Banting isn't as neat sounding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Geezer
Hitman

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You brought a bantha to the party? Excellent. They're always good for a laugh.

In the off-chance that you come back, hey malmhead.

Disco: Thanks. I probably got sucked up my own arse before having chance to offend anyone, then. Excellent. I'd say that I feel absolved, but that's a bit close to the line.

Pro- and anti-religion debates really never do go anywhere. But that doesn't stop Facebook groups about cupcakes, hunting, cupcake hunting, or embroidery being full of their aimless wonders.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still fun to get together with coworkers at the end of a night and debate to no real advantage over a pint, though. And unless you have decided to be inflamatory before you've even opened your mouth, any offense is beyond your responsibility, so don't hold back.

Yak: I actually went to a school called Banting. However, I don't remember the time I spent there at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dragon of Heaven
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for me to reupdate myself and post my first own thread..again..probably detailing the nothing that's been going on since I left.
Alia Nexis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were lopped off the grotesque body of IGN/Gamespy; that's pretty big.
Dragon of Heaven
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back to your studies!
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poast.

Personal update: Finished my MSc in Computer Science, and I'm now hopefully getting my work on Cell processor based HDR published in the Eurographics journal (submitted a paper today). Currently looking for work in a half arsed fashion.

Met a girl last Wednesday I'd been talking to on and off online for about a year. We seemed to hit if off pretty well, one thing to lead to another and.... you get the picture. We went out again today for coffee, which turned into an impromptu cinema double date. Saw VI, as expected (not my choice) was quite terrible but our MST3K comedy stylings made it more than bearable.

I really like being with her; she makes me smile. I just hope we didnt start things off on the wrong foot so to speak.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woh, it took me awhile to find out HHQ was located somewhere else, for the last couple of weeks I've been going 'damn this maintenance'

so how's stuff going a month further on?
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'ma take guess and say it's going great?
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saepe wrote:
I'ma take guess and say it's going great?

Pretty good for me, facebook says we're in a relationship and I've added a "publications" section to my CV.
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally blew a phone interview with Google today. Dude went straight into low level technical questions, but cut it short when I fucked up all but one of them.

Should have been able to answer more correctly (only got 1 out of 5) but its very hard to think when there's someone waiting for an immediate answer. Its like someone looking over your shoulder when you're working.

Oh well, it wasnt really the sort of position I was looking for; something entry level, suitable for a graduate.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucked up my grant application defense a month ago, similar mistakes, I was put of balance because I was intimidated by the panel of 6 people all launching questions. Bit of a bummer since I'm unemployed now and in need of money
I will do your dirty jobs for food!
Nexus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really fed up with not having finished my course yet, mostly because when i make an inch of an effort it always pays off.

but fuck it, i'm having a lot of fun and meeting excellent new people every week.

the clock is ticking though, soon i will be comedy old for a student
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already am comedy old for a student, especially because I am still unemployed and hang around students.
But fear not, I have recently found an open PhD position, applied for it and gotten it. I'm just still waiting for the paperwork to make it official.
Spetsnaz
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if any of you remember me, I don't even remember the last time I posted here. Still, it's nice to see this place is still around - I have a lot of fond memories from this forum.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sing us a song, Spetsnaz.

You guys think you're old for your education system now. In a year or two I will be returning home at the age of 26.5 and continuing my degree which I have barely started. I will be in classes with 19 and 20 years olds and be 7 years their senior.

I bet I'll be older than the TAs.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone has any updates about his or her life?

anyone?

I miss you guys...
TomCo
Cleaner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My job has become incredibly stressful, I think I almost had a heart attack today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> The Agency All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: