Return to HitmanHQ
HitmanHQ Forum Index HitmanHQ
Home of the Hitman Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Absolutely
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Absolutely Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGN5DJ7MV4
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitman? I hardly know him!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I must have posted this on the wrong forums.

This also means I posted some very disconcerting pictures on a gaming forum Confused
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh gross. Pictures on the internet!

I think what you're looking for is http://www.hitmanforum.com. No need to thank me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeww, I was definitely not looking for that hellhole
Know Your Friend
Cleaner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope it's good and that it doesn't turn into Kane and Lynch 3.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kane and Lynch 3 is probably planned anyway, so this couldn't be.

Still haven't finished any Hitman game past 2. Silent Assassin was such a turnoff.

But Blood Money was mostly good. I should return to that some day. I have so little time for playing video games. Whenever I do I'm painfully aware of the time I'm mis-investing and how I'm loosing the opportunity to better myself in some way.

I feel like a functional member of society, and that feels awful.

Gonna get aspergers and never have to work again.
Know Your Friend
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco Cat wrote:
Kane and Lynch 3 is probably planned anyway, so this couldn't be.

Why would anyone in their right mind make another one of those?
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the last two have been financial successes, even though the games have been buggy buggers. The sequel sold more than 1.4 million copies, and I'm guessing the original did better than that, since it didn't have a reputation for failure at that point.

Did you know they're making a movie out of it? Starring Bruce Willis and Jaimee Foxx. Sounds like they took an interesting premise from a terrible game and put together an even worse production of a film.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys! Steam has a Hitman Collection sale today, the three first games for 5 euros!
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one game worth owning in the first three of the series.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second one?

I've played that for a while, but for some reason it can't hold my attention.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite honestly surprised how people hold Silent Assassin in such high esteem when it was such a mess. The levels were empty, terrible plot delivery, there was so little opportunity for deviation compared to the original, and they managed to some how make it more buggy.

The third game wasn't really bad, but it just felt like it was missing the creativity of the original. And they tried too hard to make the people you're killing bad men, so that I wasn't interested in killing them anymore, because I'm supposed to be playing the bad man, and why would a bad man kill his fellow bad man?

Also, audio contact with the agency was so stupid I don't even know where to start. Making a character out of Diana was even dumber. All 47 needs to convey is his requirement for a room in which he may empty his bowels.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the very first one, I played that once 10 years ago and even then I found it had aged terribly (and at that time it was only a year or so old).
But this day and age I can look past things like graphics so I should try it again.
The empty levels in SA is what made me stop playing I think. They all seemed like situations on a holodeck or something. Like the big russian city where everything is cleared except for the building where the victim is. Seemed a bit daft.
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit the original game is probably difficult to get into these days, even for me. Still, I think the levels were designed and decorated far better than in any of the sequels. It actually felt like you were getting behind the scenes when you discovered a new method of killing the target. That it wasn't expected.

In the new games I get the impression I simple took a different but intentional path to reach a cutscene used to highlight that the target had been killed. Nothing felt up to me.

Still, Blood Money did make me happy. If they had gone from Codename 47 -> Blood Money I would still think Io-I knew what they were doing. Well, maybe not after what they've revealed of Absolution.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what makes Blood Money better than SA?
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention to detail was the biggest part, but the missions in SA seemed incomplete, where in Blood Money at least they felt fully fleshed out, even when I didn't like them. They also put more effort into making it all feel alive and less scripted (the security guard in the SA mansion level taking a leak every 1 minute comes to mind), which helped produce a semblance of believability.

Also, less open space and more set pieces gave each room and location in BM more purpose.

But the most significant difference at the end of the day is that 47 is killing for money. He doesn't talk to anyone for advice, he doesn't have live-updates by earpiece mid-mission, and he isn't interested in rescuing any personal contacts of his own. He is just given a stack of cash and told "shoot that (wo)man in the face."

Actually, maybe it's that the first game had the most down-to-earth feel of contract killing that makes it stand out so much stronger in memory. You were given a partial sum of money and promised the other half after completion, then you chose equipment to take with you. That which you couldn't carry in was left in a hidden cache somewhere nearby, and there was always a predetermined entry point and exit point.

Ever since SA you haven't had a market to buy weapons: SA had you collecting (and you couldn't lose anything if you wanted to), Contracts was all flashbacks, so you didn't have any pre-planning to work with, and I don't remember it in BM either (it had collecting again, didn't it?).

This is curious, since ever since the first one the fans were asking for more pre-mission strategy elements such as disguises, determining your own entry, etc.

I want someone to make an assassination simulator brand new. Where it's all based on planning and execution, rather than goofy characters, "dark and gritty" bdsm parties, mean people, etc. A game where you're given a photo, a name, a location (or locationS, even), and the rest is up to you. Requests to frame someone or kill in some meaningful way might be acceptable too.

Then all the game would need is:
* limited income (maybe transportation costs deducted ie. plane tickets)
* black market
* optional intelligence purchases (maps, paths, habits, times, contacts)
* stealth
* disguises
* maybe some conversation system for bluffing/gaining information

no cinematics, no performance reports, no rating system, no ever-present storyline, no character backgrounds.

In a well-presented game, the characters would be revealed for who they are based on what you discover while tracking/murdering them, and not second-hand info from the employer. And a proper assassin still wouldn't care.

Ugh, I'm sperging about video games. I'm supposed to be an adult, Saepe.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that what assassin's creed is supposed to be? (I don't really know since I haven't played it but that's what I always thought it was)
A sandbox game where you get names of people to wack from random people and you had to plan it yourself? (maybe without disguises and maps and all)
Disco Cat
Controller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only played some of the first Ass Creed, but it was basically "Hold Spacebar to Win: The Game".

There was no strategy or tactics necessary, and the level of control always felt macro-level. You just guide the character in the direction, but he'll make all the explicit motions on his own.

Not what I consider a game.

I think that the significance downtime in games is severely underestimated. Like in Crusader: No Remore. After each mission, you would teleport back to the secret rebel base in the ruins of the underground. You would chat with characters, get debriefed by the black guy behind the desk, watch the news manipulate the facts to make you a criminal, buy goods, make enemies friends, or friends enemies.

You felt safe and relaxed there. Then you would suit up, recover health and energy, talk to the boss again and head out for another mission, which had it's own distinct tileset and goal, music, enemies, etc. It gave weight to each step of the game and helped make each part memorable. Without this downtime separating it, the whole game would blend together and just grow tedious.
Saepe
Cleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your problems with AC and I have a similar feeling with Batman: Arkham Asylum actually, you don't have to do that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanHQ Forum Index -> The Agency All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: